A Collection of iPad 3 Rumors
According to CNET, the third gen iPad will catapult Apple as the number one PC supplier when it goes out next year. TIL that the iPad is a PC and that HP is the number one computer manufacturer in the world. But will it really be that good? I tried to find specs of the upcoming tablet but all I can find are rumors. The sources of the rumors though seem credible enough to earn our trust. Here’s what I’ve gathered so far:
iPad 3 Release Date
- Digitimes reported on July 1 that Taiwanese suppliers are already preparing for mass production of both the iPad 3 and iPhone 5.
- SFG analyst claims that the production will start before the end of the year.
- Digitimes reported that the launch of the iPad 3 is delayed due to shortage of materials.
- Digitimes reported that an upgraded iPad 2 will be released on March 2012 and the iPad 3 will be launched on the 3rd quarter of next year.
iPad 3 Hardware
- Reuters reported that the iPad 3 will be running on a dual core, ARM based processor named A6 and that Apple is leaning towards Taiwan’s TMSC to supply it rather than good old Samsung.
- Slashgear has reasons to believe that the iPad 3 will be thicker than the current iPad.
- A retina display with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 will be used for the iPad 3 based on what 9 to 5 Mac saw on the iOS 5 code.
- The iPad Guide claims that leaked parts of the iPad 3 suggest that it would have a smaller dock.
- Techradar says that the iPad 3 will have more storage and could possibly have a 128 GB unit.
- Tech Vs Tech hopes that the iPad 3 will have an SD slot.
iPad 3 Features
- Cult of Mac suggests that the iPad 3 could have NFC (Near Field Communication) chips.
- Property Magazine reports that Apple has applied for a patent on hands free controllers. This could mean that the iPad 3 could have Kinect-like controls.
- The iPad 3 could be running on 4G LTE according to CNET.
I also found some concept pictures of the iPad 3: